Paula Deen’s Squash Casserole is amazing! We love this easy southern recipe. My friend Robin passed this recipe for Paula Deen’s Squash Casserole onto me this summer when I was looking for alternative ways to cook squash from my garden. We LOVE it! It is so easy to make. We cook it several times a month during gardening season. This is perfect Southern Comfort Food!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 6 cups large diced yellow squash
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon House seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers (recommended: TownHouse)
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- ¼ cup black pepper
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the squash in a little vegetable oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line a colander with a clean tea towel. Place the cooked squash in the lined colander. Squeeze excess moisture from the squash. Set aside.
- In a medium size skillet, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs.
- Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 1½ cups
- This recipe comes from the food network and is by Paula Deen. It is so yummy and fabulous!
Recipes You May Enjoy:
Ways to save at the store:
Weekly Deals at Kroger
Be sure to follow us: