Peanut Butter Balls or Buckeyes are my all time favorite dessert recipe for Christmas gift giving and sweet treats! I always made it with my students and they loved it! In fact many of them still use this recipe and as a teacher that just warms my heart
A quick and easy version of this is Buckeye Bark. You can make it in minutes!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 8 ounces chocolate flavored confectioner's coating
- Stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add sugar, stirring till combined. Shape into 1 inch balls; place on waxed paper. Let stand still till dry (about 20 minutes). Melt confectioners' coating in a double boiler. Cool slightly. Dip balls into melted coating; let excess drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand till coating is dry.
- Makes 30 pieces.
- Tip: I always double or triple this recipe! Do not use chocolate chips. You can use Almond Bark as a substitute. I always chop up the coating so that it melts easier. Melt on low heat as you do not want your chocolate to scorch or burn.