Peanut Butter Balls is my all time favorite recipe for Christmas gift giving and sweet treats! I always made it with my students and they loved it! In fact many of them still use this recipe and as a teacher that just warms my heart
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 8 ounces chocolate flavored confectioner’s coating
- Stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add sugar, stirring till combined. Shape into 1 inch balls; place on waxed paper. Let stand still till dry (about 20 minutes). Melt confectioners’ coating in a double boiler. Cool slightly. Dip balls into melted coating; let excess drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand till coating is dry.
- Makes 30 pieces.
- Tip: I always double or triple this recipe! Do not use chocolate chips. You can use Almond Bark as a substitute. I always chop up the coating so that it melts easier. Melt on low heat as you do not want your chocolate to scorch or burn.
This recipe comes from my all time favorite cookbook, Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
Check out these other Side Dish recipes: