Peanut Butter Balls or Buckeyes are my all time favorite dessert recipe for Christmas gift giving and sweet treats! I always made it with my students and they loved it! In fact many of them still use this recipe and as a teacher that just warms my heart
A quick and easy version of this is Buckeye Bark. You can make it in minutes!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 8 ounces chocolate flavored confectioner’s coating
- Stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add sugar, stirring till combined. Shape into 1 inch balls; place on waxed paper. Let stand still till dry (about 20 minutes). Melt confectioners’ coating in a double boiler. Cool slightly. Dip balls into melted coating; let excess drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand till coating is dry.
- Makes 30 pieces.
- Tip: I always double or triple this recipe! Do not use chocolate chips. You can use Almond Bark as a substitute. I always chop up the coating so that it melts easier. Melt on low heat as you do not want your chocolate to scorch or burn.
Check out these other Side Dish recipes: