Cheeseburger Stuffed Potatoes is a HUGE hit at my house! The combination of potato and cheeseburger makes for a filling main dish or can be sued as a side dish as well.
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you have it when you are ready to prepare.
- 3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt, plus ¼ tsp Pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 slices American cheese
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place them directly on oven rack. Bake until tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the beef, stirring to break it up, and cook about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, ½ tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut them in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving some behind to keep the shells intact. Mash potatoes lightly, then mix in the butter, sour cream (To Taste), and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
- Fill each potato shell with about 2 Tbsp of the cooked hamburger mixture, then top with about 3 Tbsp of the potato mixture, mounding slightly. Top with a slice of American cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.