Chicken Cheese Enchiladas Recipe are so tasty and easy to prepare. I love one dish dinners that I can serve with rice and call it a day! This one is perfect for leftovers too!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 Pkg (1.25 oz) Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- ½ c water
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces of strips
- 3 c shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (12 oz)
- ⅓ c chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chilies
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1 pkg (10.5 oz) Old El Paso flour tortillas 12 – 6 inch tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350. In a resealable storage bag, mix taco seasoning, oil, and ¼ c water. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix 2½ c of Monterrey Jack Cheese, the cilantro, salt, ricotta cheese, chilies, and egg.
- Heat 10 inch skillet over med-high. Add chicken with marinade; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In ungreased 13×9 inch glass baking dish, mix ½ cup of salsa and remaining ¼ cup water.
- Spread evenly on bottom of dish.
- Spoon ⅓ c cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with chicken and then roll it up.
- Place the filled tort, seam side down, over salsa in the baking dish. Drizzle enchiladas with remaining salsa.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ c Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is completely melted!