This is my Mom’s Chili Recipe. She made it often for our family growing up and still continues to make it today. I have slightly adapted it by adding canned tomatoes to it. We serve it with spaghetti but of course if that doesn’t appeal to you then you could leave it out. This is something that she made all the time when I was growing up and I make often. When I think of comfort food this is it for me. There is nothing better than a warm bowl of chili on a cold winter day. In fact as soon as it gets cool this is the first recipe that I like to make! It is so easy to make too! In a large pan brown 1 pound of ground beef. To that add 1 large onion and saute until tender. Drain fat. Place this mixture into a large crockpot. Next add 2 cans of tomato soup and 1 qt. canned diced tomatoes, 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed, 1 can of water, 2 tsp. Chili Powder (or as much as desired) and 1 tsp. Garlic Powder (or as much as desired). Cover and cook for 2 hours on low heat. When you are almost ready to serve cook spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain and add to your slow cooker. We have used elbow macaroni too. I like to serve Mom’s Chili with Sugar Cornbread. This is the perfect recipe for game day or tailgating!
If you want to prepare this as a freezer meal simply brown your ground beef and onion and drain the fat. Next add all of your ingredients except the water to a gallon size freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place into the slow cooker with your can of water. Cook on low for 2-4 hours and enjoy! This is the perfect meal when you are feeling like you need to warm up on a cold day. I love to enjoy a bowl by the fire and every time I eat it I think of my Mom. This is a recipe that I make for Peyton and I hope one day he will make it for his kids. It is just good for the soul. I hope you enjoy Mom’s Chili Recipe as much as we do!
- Box of Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 Qt. canned diced tomatoes (canned)
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of water
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder (or as much as desired)
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder (or as much as desired)
- In a large pan brown 1 pound of ground beef. To that add 1 large onion and saute until tender. Drain fat.
- Place mixture into a large stockpot or a crockpot.
- cans tomato soup
- Qt. canned diced tomatoes
- cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- can of water
- tsp. Chili Powder (or as much as desired)
- TBSP. Garlic Powder (or as much as desired)
- Cook for 2-4 hours on low heat.
- In a sauce pan cook spaghetti. Drain and add to mixture.