This is my Mom’s Chili. She made it often for our family growing up and still continues too. I have slightly adapted it by adding my home canned tomatoes to it. We serve it with spaghetti but of course if that doesn’t appeal to you then you could leave it out. We love to serve it with Sugar Cornbread too! This is perfect for game day or tailgating!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- Box of Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 Qt. canned diced tomatoes (home grown and canned)
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can of water
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder (or as much as desired)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder (or as much as desired)
- In a large pan brown 1 pound of ground beef. To that add 1 large onion and saute until tender. Drain fat.
- Place this mixture into a large stockpot or a crock pot.
- cans tomato soup
- Qt. canned diced tomatoes (home grown and canned)
- cans kidney beans, rinsed
- can of water
- tsp. Chili Powder (or as much as desired)
- tsp. Garlic Powder (or as much as desired)
- Cook for 2 hours on low heat.
- In a sauce pan cook spaghetti. Drain and add to mixture.