This is my Mom’s homemade vegetable soup recipe. This is something that she created and I make often. I like to serve it with Sugar Cornbread.
Mom's Vegetable Beef Soup
Source: Linda Jennings
Recipe type: Soups and Salads
- 1 Qt. tomatoes (these are canned from my garden)
- 1 48 ounce can of V-8 juice
- 1 can of beef broth
- 1 large bag of frozen veggies
- 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix
- 7 potatoes, peeled and diced into fairly large pieces
- 1 can of brown beans, optional
- In a large pot brown 1 pound of ground beef and 1 onion.
- Drain the fat.
- Add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and stir occasionally for 2 hours.