I love this Savory Pot Roast Recipe. This recipe was passed to me from my Mom. There is nothing better than a delicious tender pot roast on a winter day! I like to serve with peas and cornbread!
- 3½ to 4 lb beef round or chuck pot roast
- 1 can (10¾ oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pouch Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1¼ cup hot water
- 6 medium carrots cut into 2 inch pieces or 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- In 6 quart dutch oven or 8 quart pot with lid add 2 TBSP oil and heat on medium/high heat. Add roast and brown on all sides. Remove fat.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix and 1 cup of hot water. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 2 hours stirring often.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until roast and vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove Roast and vegetables. Stir together 2 TBSP flour and remaining ¼ cup water until smooth. Gradually stir into soup mixture. Cook until mixture boils and thickens. Stir constantly.
- Add vegetables and beef back to sauce.