This is a copy of Target’s coupon policy that I got via email after I made a complaint with corporate. I keep a copy in my coupon binder at all times. I wanted to share it with you! It is available online and you can print it and carry with you as well.
Target Stores Coupon Policy
Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
We gladly accept valid internet coupons
Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
Target is now giving a bag credit. Bring in your own reusable tote bags when you shop and earn a .05 cent credit per bag used!
Target offers Price Matching:
If you find an item in a competitor’s printed ad that is priced lower than it is at your Target store, we will match the price. The competitor’s ad must be local and current, and the product must be the identical item, brand name, quantity and model number. Target.com is excluded from our price matching policy. Competitor catalogs can also be ad matched as long as the catalog displays a valid date and meets all other qualifications.
What if I’ve already made the purchase at Target?
No problem. Within seven days of purchase, bring your Target receipt and the competitor ‘s current printed ad. We will reimburse the savings to you.
What qualifies as proof of a competitor’s advertisement?
Please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of competitive pricing.
What does ‘identical store item’ mean?
The program covers items with the identical brand name, size, weight, quantity and model number of the item at Target stores. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the product.
Can I use coupons when price matching?
Target does not match coupon-required offers but guests can use Manufacturer or Target coupons when requesting a price match. Target coupon policy: Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited).
What do you mean by local retail competitors?
This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.
What about online price matching?
All online pricing, including Target.com, is excluded from our price matching policy, as well as online retail promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites.
Other price matching exclusions include:
- Online retail promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.
- Competitor’s free product, bundled offers, or special purchases
- Gift cards and coupon-required offers
- Sales tax promotions
- Timed events (e.g., early bird, doorbusters)
- Limited time or quantity items
- Damaged product or opened packaging
- Clearance or closeout items
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
- Mail in offers or instant rebates
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Going-out-of-business liquidations
- Special financing
- Used or previously owned items
- Display merchandise
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Club or loyalty programs
- Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)
- Mobile coupons
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
- How Does Price Matching Work?
- What is on sale in February?
- How to Understand the Grocery Sales Cycle
- Stockpiling – Preparing for Natural Disasters or Emergency
- Stockpiling 101 | Stockpiling For The Holidays™
- How Do I Start Stockpiling?
- Stockpiling Tip :: Look for Coupons on Packages
- 10 Items To Stockpile