If you love Olive Garden’s Zuppa Tuscana you are going to love this Copycat version that you make in the crockpot. This recipe makes a great easy freeze slow cooker recipe. At first I wasn’t sure I would like it because I have never eaten it at Olive Garden. I thought why not give it a shot! This slow cooker soup recipe is beyond amazing and only requires a few ingredients! That’s a win for me. It is perfect on an Autumn or Winter day.
I like to serve this with a salad and garlic bread sticks.
Easy-Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Combine frozen hash browns, uncooked Italian sausage, kale, red pepper flakes, frozen onions and garlic into a freezer bag. When you are ready to cook thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add chicken broth and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-8 hours. In the last 30 minutes add evaporated milk or cream, stir and put lid back on.
- ½ a bag of frozen shredded Hash browns (30 oz bag)
- 1 lb of browned Italian Sausage
- 5½ cups of chicken broth
- 2 c of chopped kale
- ½ tsp. of red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- ½ - 1 c of frozen diced onions
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- ½ c of evaporated milk or cream
- Combine the Southern Hash browns, browned Italian Sausage, chicken broth, chopped kale, red pepper flakes, frozen diced onions and minced garlic in the crockpot.
- Stir well and place lid on.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-8
- In the last 30 minutes add evaporated milk or cream, stir and put lid back on.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crockpot Soup Recipes: