I took our BBQ Crock pot chicken recipe and turned it into shredded BBQ chicken. This is a super easy recipe and way to stretch your dollar by shredding the chicken and serving it on a bun. I was able to turn 3 chicken breasts into enough to feed my family for 2 nights!
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Cover completely with your favorite BBQ sauce
- Cook on Low for 6 hours or High for 4 hours.
- After cooked and tender (3½ hours on high or 5½ hours on low) use two forks to shred the chicken and cook for an additional ½ hour.
- Serve with cole slaw and potato salad (I pick these up at Kroger on the 10/10 sale).
- This meal cost me less than $5.00 total!
- This recipe can be made with pork. We usually use Boneless Pork Loins.
- This recipe can be used with beef. Make sure you check on beef to be cooked thoroughly.