I took our BBQ Crock pot chicken recipe and turned it into shredded BBQ chicken. This is a super easy recipe and a great way to stretch your dollar by shredding the chicken and serving it on a bun. I was able to turn 3 chicken breasts into enough to feed my family for 2 nights! This is a great recipe when you are feeding a large crowd. The chicken goes further and tastes great on a bun. In fact you can easily double this recipe and serve it as the whole breast the first night and use the leftovers to shred to mix up the leftovers a bit for your family and serve it the second night on a bun.
- 3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Bottle of BBQ sauce
- Cover completely with your favorite BBQ sauce
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Simply place your chicken breasts into the slow cooker and add your BBQ sauce.
- Be sure that you cover completely.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and good for 6-8 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat.
- After cooked use two forks to shred the chicken and cook for an additional ½ hour.
- This recipe can be made with pork. We usually use Boneless Pork Loins.
- This recipe can be used with beef loin. Make sure you check on beef to be cooked thoroughly.
Easy-Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Add chicken and BBQ sauce into a zip-loc freezer bag and freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place into the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high.
Slow Cooker Recipes