If you are looking for a great recipe for the grill look no further than our Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp! It’s full of spice and flavor, along with our favorite proteins! Shrimp is a great lower calorie option that is ideal for going along with any vegetable, but adding bacon really kicks it up a bit and makes this a super hearty meal you will love.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp
We start this bacon wrapped grilled shrimp with some jumbo shrimp. I pay the extra money at the seafood counter to have them peeled and deveined for me. If not, make sure you have taken the time to peel and devein all of your shrimp and rinse well before prepping.
I soak my wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before adding the shrimp and bacon. This keeps them from catching on fire while on the grill. I simply slide a piece of bacon onto the skewer and then weave it around the shrimp sliding back and forth. I can usually fit 5-6 shrimp on each skewer.
Next, I coat these with a simple spicy seasoning blend that includes salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and cayenne. It’s just what we enjoy and perfect for staying on our Whole 30 diet!
- 1lb Jumbo Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5-6 wooden skewers
- Clean and preheat grill
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to prepping for grilling.
- Add the end of a piece of bacon to your skewer, then add a piece of shrimp. Wrap your bacon around the shrimp sliding it onto the skewer. Do this until you have 5-6 shrimper skewer and the bacon has been woven in and out around the shrimp.
- Mix together seasonings in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over shrimp coating both sides well.
- Place on cleaned heated grill cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side.
This bacon wrapped grilled shrimp is the perfect addition to any weekend barbecue. Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables for a perfect Whole 30 compliant meal!