Enjoy this moist and delicious pumpkin spice cake…with a twist! So easy to make, everyone will think you made it from scratch but it starts with a cake mix! It could easily be gluten free with a gluten free cake mix too! We enjoy this in the fall or anytime of the year. It is perfect to take to a pot luck or to dinner with friends. I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too!
This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is an easy cake to make and is a real crowd pleaser. Passed onto me from my Mom I love making this dessert in the fall. No one ever knows that it is made from a cake mix either! Best of all you can make it with a gluten free cake mix too. I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too!
Prepare in a large bowl by putting spice cake mix and the pumpkin, oil, pudding mix, unbeaten egg, cinnamon and water. Stir until moistened. Then beat for 7 minutes at high speed. Pour into a heavily buttered and floured pan (bundt) and drop pecans on top. Swirl with a scraper to mix nuts. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Use a toothpick to test doneness. Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the edge of pan with knife.
I like to make a simply powdered sugar glaze and decorating with chopped pecans on top. Trust me you are going to fall in love with this easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake. It is the perfect dessert recipe for fall! I like to serve this at Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
3 to 4 tablespoons milk or water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- Cake Ingredients:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 pkg spice cake mix
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP orange juice
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Mix cake ingredients. Grease and flour bundt pan. Bake according to package directions. Let cake cool for 15-20 minutes in pan and turn out to cool onto a cake plate/stand.
- Beat sifted powdered sugar adding 1 TBSP of orange juice at a time until desired consistency (I prefer a thin glaze). Pour glaze over cake. Sprinkle with pecans for decoration. Let stand until glaze is set.
- Optional: Serve alone or with a dollop of homemade whipped topping.