Walmart has updated their Walmart coupon policy! There are lots of GREAT changes! Be sure to print it out and carry it with you. As it takes time for the cashiers to get regulated to the changes we always recommend carrying the policy with you in your binder when available. The highlights are they now accept CATALINAS and they now give OVERAGE (also in the form of cashback)! These are my two favorite parts Please due note that the policy also states they no longer except Internet Printable coupons that would make a product FREE. Be sure to read it thoroughly and let us know if we can answer any questions.
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):
- Manufacturers’ coupons
- Print-at-home internet coupons
- Must be legible, have “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.
- Competitors’ coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- for example, $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout coupons
- (also called “Catalinas”) that are printed at our competitors’ registers, have “Manufacturer Coupon” with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
Walmart does not accept the following coupons:
- Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase
- Competitors’ coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
The following are guidelines and limitations:
- Only one coupon per item is permitted.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction
Walmart: Does not double coupons. They do accept Internet Printable Coupons (IP’s). They do price match (limit 6). They do not allow you to stack coupons. If you want to use of 40 or more coupons per transaction or redeem more than a value of $50.00 worth of coupons it will require approval by Customer Service Manager (which is no problem but you will have to wait for the CSM to come turn their key). You can get some good deals when you find items are that are on “roll back” and everyday pricing due to their buying power. Prices to vary regionally at Walmart.
Check out our Walmart Deals.