If you are new to extreme couponing you will want to be sure to know the corporate policy at Family Dollar before shopping. I suggest printing corporate policies and placing them in your coupon binder where you can reference them if you need.
Family Dollar accepts Manufacturer’s and Family Dollar issued coupons (including internet coupons) that meet these requirements:
- Coupons must be original (no photocopies)
- Coupons must have a scan-able barcode or valid promotion code
- Coupons must have a printed expiration date
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items sold at Family Dollar, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free
- Maximum of two coupons per item. One coupon must be a Manufacturer’s Coupon and the second coupon must be a Family Dollar Coupon as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons.
- Are from other retailers
- Are expired
- Are internet coupons without a scan-able barcode and/or promotion code
- Contain the combination of an invalid barcode that won’t scan and promotion code that the register will not accept.
- Are for “free” items, unless a purchase is required (i.e. Buy one get one free is acceptable)
- Do not have a “remit to” address on the coupon
- In addition: Cash Back or “overage” will not be issued if the value of the coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.