I am excited to share with you how to make your own laundry detergent. I am in love with non toxic laundry detergent! I hope you love this recipe too! It is not for an HE Washer so be sure to use it in a traditional washer. If you chose to try it in an HE (I did) I used 1 TBSP and it worked well for me. I purchased my supplies at Kroger (except the essential oils).
- 4 cups of water
- ⅓ bar of cheap soap, grated
- ½ cup washing soda (not baking soda)
- ½ cup of Borax (20 Mule Team)
- 5-gallon bucket for mixing
- 3 gallons of water
- optional - add essential oils for additional disinfection and aroma.
- Combine together and use ¼ cup per load (this is not for HE)
The total cost per load is around 2 cents!
Our reader Cecilia shared this recipe and money saving tip with us! If you have made your own laundry detergent or have a money saving tip we would love to hear about it!
NON TOXIC CLEANING TIPS: