Bananas Foster French Toast is out of this world amazing! This is a great casserole to serve for Christmas or another holiday because you make it the night before and refrigerate it. You can easily make this gluten free too just by using Gluten Free bread!
Did you know you can Freeze Bananas? It is a great way to extend the life of the banana when you find them on managers special or they are over ripe.
- 8 slices cinnamon bread, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2½ cups real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 ripe bananas, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray bottom of 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread cubes in baking dish.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk and ½ cup of the maple syrup with wire whisk. Pour over bread in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown along edges. Let stand 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2 cups maple syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until warm. Stir in rum extract.
- Sprinkle banana slices and pecans evenly over bread; drizzle with warmed syrup mixture. Serve immediately.
Thanks Betty Crocker!