I wanted to talk about “Pay(ing) it forward” when it comes to blogging. I have always tried to live my life by The Golden Rule. In blogging there is a belief of “Paying it forward“. It is similar to The Golden Rule only you are not doing something nice to someone who has done something nice to you instead when someone does something nice for you – you then do something nice for someone else. So when it comes to blogging there are some bloggers who use the phrase “Pay It Forward”.
There are many ways that a blogger can “Pay It Forward“.
- Maybe they get a coupon, freebie or other special offer and instead of keeping it they give it away to one of their readers.
- They might donate a percentage of income from their blog to special cause.
- Offering a featured blogger section on their blog (not for pay).
- Adding a blog roll where they add blogs that they enjoy reading.
- Giving a shout out to a newbie blogger on facebook/twitter.
- Offering guest posts.
- Introducing new bloggers through a variety of social media.
Truly the sky is the limit when it comes to how you can Pay It Forward. One thing I know for sure is that it is always better to give than receive and it feels great to Pay It Forward. Shelley and I truly believe in Paying It Forward.
What is an example of a way that you have chosen to “Pay It Forward” on your blog or if you are not a blogger in “real life”?