Are you planning a day trip, weekend trip, or a long vacation? Here are some tips for environmentally-friendly travel:
- Look for hotels that are environmentally friendly. Before making reservations, ask about recycling and water saving programs the hotel participates in.
- Always turn lights off when you leave the room.
- Share brochures with people in your group. Eliminate paper usage.
- Walk or use public transportation.
- Take canvas bags with you while shopping.
- When you eat out, only grab the condiments, napkins, and utensils you need.
Source: Kenton County Cooperative Extension Newsletter June, 2010Yum