Beer Battered Fish Sandwich is perfect for Lent. I love that it is easy to prepare using Gorton’s fish fillets. You can really dress this up with the veggies. Serve it with fried potatoes or potato salad and you have a great go to meal.
I like to serve it with homemade tartar sauce too! Best of all this is an easy to prepare recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Beer Battered Fish Sandwich
- 6 Gorton's Beer Batter Fillets
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 sandwich rolls, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp creamy Italian dressing
- 4 provolone cheese slices, halved
- Prepare Gorton's Beer Batter Fillets according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute, sauté onions, peppers and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place rolls on baking sheet, spread with 1 tablespoon dressing, halve cooked fillets, place three fish pieces onto roll followed by vegetables, 2 pieces cheese, place under broiler until cheese is melted and serve immediately.