One of my favorite recipes is Green Beans Almondine! I was first introduced to this dish when I was a server at Boone Tavern Hotel in college. At the end of the dinner shift we always got to eat the vegetables that were left over and it is was a wonderful and light dish! A great alternative to canned greens beans and perfect fresh from the garden. I love to serve it with Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot Chicken. This recipe is naturally gluten free and Paleo.
- 1 and ½ lbs. green beans
- 4 oz. almonds, sliced
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil (or Butter)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I use Sea Salt)
- Saute almonds in olive oil until lightly browned be careful to not burn.
- Steam green beans until tender.
- Toss with almonds and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Other recipes you may like:Yum