This is a great recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers. I love pesto so this recipe is a winner for me. The combination of turkey and salami are a great shake-up for after the holiday leftovers.
Layered Italian Sandwich
- 1 round focaccia bread (about 8 inches in diameter)
- 1 container (7 ounces) refrigerated basil pesto
- 4 ounces sliced hard salami
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 4 plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- Cut focaccia horizontally in half.
- Spread pesto on both cut sides of focaccia.
- Layer salami, lettuce, tomatoes, turkey and cheese on bottom of focaccia; add top of focaccia.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Cut into 6 wedges.