My mother taught me how to make cucumber sandwiches as she is a trained tea consultant. If you enjoy all things tea you should visit her blog Friendship Tea. I love to use fresh cucumbers from my garden. The reason why you use the butter is to keep your bread from getting soggy!
How to Make Cucumber Sandwiches
- Bread - any type you desire
- Butter - real butter, unsalted
- Cucumbers - English Cucumbers are nice
- Cream Cheese - We prefer Philadelphia Brand
- Wash your cucumber and peel (if desired) slice into very thin slices. Next dry the slices between two paper towels.
- Butter both slices of bread with a thin layer of butter. Do not melt the butter but allow it soften for ease of spreading.
- Next spread a thin layer of cream cheese on both slices of bread (on top of the butter) Allow to come to room temperature to allow it to soften for ease of spreading.
- Finally top with dry cucumbers.
- Cut into shapes and remove crust if desired. You can do squares, rectangles, triangles or use a cookie cutter.
- Helpful Tip: The reason why you use butter is to keep your bread from getting soggy!
You may also like these tea posts:
Petals and Pearls Tea Party