This is an authentic homemade guacamole recipe passed to me by our family friend Christina. She is from Morelia, Mexico. This is the BEST Guacamole I have ever eaten! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any day! This tastes just like when I was in Morelia myself taking Spanish classes in college. If you are looking for a way to incorporate healthy fats into your diet or you are eating low carb this is a great snack!
A helpful tip that Christina shared to keep your guacamole from turning brown is to to keep 2 pits from the avocados and add to bowl. Also, use a wooden or plastic bowl not metal to keep your guacamole from turning brown and she suggests placing plastic wrap on the top of the guacamole under the lid to lengthen the life of it.
If you are eating low carb this is a must make! I love to add it to my hard cooked eggs, on top of my salads and enjoy it with raw veggies. It is so delicious and really helps give you the healthy fat to your diet that you need if you are eating Keto. My favorite way to enjoy it is with celery or cucumbers. It is a great way to add more vegetables into your diet!
I love to eat it with this crock pot salsa chicken. It is a great low carb dish that the entire family will love! I serve it with a huge serving guacamole!
- 6 black skinned avocados (ripe but not too hard or too soft)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced and seeds removed
- onion, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- jalapenos, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Peel avocados. In a blender combine 1 garlic clove, cilantro, 1 avocado, little water and lemon juice. Blend well.
- With remaining 5 avocados mash in a bowl. Add desired chopped onions and jalapenos, diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with onions and tomatoes if desired.
- Helpful Tip: Keep 2 pits from avocados and add to bowl. Use a wood or plastic bowl not metal.
You may also like her recipe for homemade Mexican Icecream too.
MORE KETO TIPS: