This is an authentic homemade guacamole recipe passed to me by our family friend Christina. She is from Morelia, Mexico. This is the BEST Guacamole I have ever eaten! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any day! Just like when I was in Morelia myself taking classes in college. Helpful Tip: Keep 2 pits from avocados and add to bowl. Use a wood or plastic bowl not metal. You may also like her recipe for homemade Mexican Icecream too.
- 6 black skinned avocados (ripe but not too hard or too soft)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced and seeds removed
- onion, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- jalapenos, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Peel avocados. In a blender combine 1 garlic clove, cilantro, 1 avocado, little water and lemon juice. Blend well.
- With remaining 5 avocados mash in a bowl. Add desired chopped onions and jalapenos, diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with onions and tomatoes if desired.
- Helpful Tip: Keep 2 pits from avocados and add to bowl. Use a wood or plastic bowl not metal.
Check out these Recipes: