Mom’s Fried Fish is so easy to make and perfect for Lenten Season! We hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups of saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds whitefish fillets, cut in half lengthwise
- Oil For frying
- Tarter Sauce Recipe
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Place eggs and cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip Fillets into eggs, then coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes!
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375.
- Fry Fillets, a few at a time, for 2 minutes on each side or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the tarter sauce ingredients and serve with fish.
Thanks Taste of Home