Roasted Chicken Drumsticks are so affordable and easy to make. They are a favorite low carb dinner recipe at my house. I love dark meat (always have) and I can pick up a package of drumsticks for an inexpensive price. I always keep an eye out for when they are on sale or manager’s special and stock up. This is a great dish when you are feeding a large crowd or kids!
Best of all you can make this recipe in the oven or on the grill so it is great recipe that you can enjoy year round. This recipe is naturally gluten free and Paleo! This is also a Whole 30 compliant recipe and Keto Friendly recipe too.
I enjoy serving it with roasted broccoli when I am eating low carb or roasted broccoli and red potatoes when I am not. It is a simple meal that you can prep and enjoy in less than 30 minutes which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. This is one of my go-to recipes for summer too! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It is a family favorite at our house.
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks - More or less depending on how many in your family
- 1 lemon - Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Rinse drumsticks and pat dry. You can remove any fat/skin if desired.
- Combine lemon juice, thyme, garlic clove and place into a zip-loc bag.
- Add chicken and toss. Allow to marinate in fridge for 1 hour, if time allows.
- Coat a shallow pan (I prefer a Pampered Chef stoneware) with Olive Oil.
- Place drumsticks on coated pan and pour marinade over chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until thoroughly done (approximately 45 minutes).
- Optional grilling instructions: Cook on low heat for 2 hours or until done. By cooking on low heat they will be tender.