Today for Frugal Friday I wanted to talk about Trading Coupons. I am a huge fan of coupon swaps, coupon trains and in general Trading Coupons. I personally clip every coupon that I think I will possibly use and I trade all of the coupons that I know I will NOT use even if the item is free or near free. For example items that I know I won’t use include pet coupons, baby coupons and many healthy and beauty aid coupons. These are hot coupons though that others really need and want and are great to trade.
There are several sources for trading coupons. Instead of letting a coupon expire at home in your binder trade it for a coupon that you really need. A great source for trading coupons is at WeUseCoupons.com. They have an entire section of their site devoted to trading coupons! They have something called Traders World which is where all the coupon trading happens.
Here are some helpful hints for when you trade coupons on WUC:
- When you are looking for a coupon, be as detailed as possible. Include the coupons value, description and anything important so people can quickly respond to your request.
- When you set up a trade, you should try to send your trade as quickly as possible. People appreciate prompt, courteous traders, and often because need the coupon before the end of the week’s sale.
- Hot coupons are always in demand. If you have a hot coupon this will be a great coupon to trade. For example the high end Wipes coupons. People will be willing to trade aggressively to get those hot coupons!
- Make sure you put enough postage on the envelope!
- Don’t forget to leave feedback! If you have a positive experience be sure to let everyone know.
When you are looking for a particular coupon check WUC often. After you post that you are looking to trade specific coupons, often times within minutes you will get a response. It is important to keep up with your thread after you post that you are looking for a coupon so you can trade quickly, especially if you are trying to get the coupon by the end of the sale.
So there you have a great resource for trading coupons! Do you have another source to share?
Visit more Frugal Friday Tips