Check out this simple recipe for Bean Salsa or as some people call it, Cowboy Caviar. It is probably my favorite salsa. I love how simple it is to make however most people can’t tell that it is made with canned ingredients. I think the fresh cilantro really gives it a great flavor too! Serve it with tortilla chips.
I love taking this to a cookout or picnic, there is no worry for refrigeration like other salads. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can Mexicorn (drained)
- 1 can black-eye peas (drained)
- ¾ bottle of Italian dressing
- ½ cup fresh cilantro OR ¼ to ⅓ cup dried cilantro
- 1 small can black olives, chopped
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate
Check out these Recipes: Yum