* 8 Sister Schubert Parker House Rolls, defrosted and broken into crumbs
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened and cut into bits
* 8 large assorted apples, peeled, cored and sliced
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
* Zest of 1 small lemon
* 1/4 cup apple cider
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter cut into bits
Marzetti Caramel Dip
Vanilla, cinnamon or salted caramel ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish
For topping, combine Sister Schubert Parker House Rolls with all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into ingredients to create a crumble topping.
For filling, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, flour, zest and cider and toss well to coat apple slices. Transfer apple mixture to prepared pan. Dot top of apple filling with butter. Cover apples with topping. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Cool slightly and drizzle top of crisp with warm Marzetti Caramel Dip and serve with ice cream.
Crisp can also be prepared in individual ramekins; baking times may vary depending upon the size of the baking dishes.
Thanks Sister Schubert!!!!