Melissa and I were invited to speak in Lexington and we had the pleasure of seeing Tootsie Nelson speak and cook! She does a Cooking Show on Channel 18 in Lexington. This was one of the recipes that was cooked for us! It was WONDERFUL!
Cranberry Nut Bread
****If using the Orange Cranberry Delight for a topping make the night before!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add cranberries and walnuts and stir to coat.
- Combine the egg, oil, orange juice, and orange zest in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack to completely cool.
Orange Cranberry Delight Topping
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar or splenda
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the orange juice concentrate.
- Stir in pecans, cranberries, and sugar.
- Chill, covered for 8-10 hours. Serve with crackers or Cranberry Nut Bread.