Chex Mix Recipe

This is the best recipe for Chex Mix ever!  I am sharing my Moms secret recipe!

Our families FAVORITE snack food during the holidays is Chex Mix.  This is not the recipe on the box but the one that Mom has perfected throughout the years.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.  No Christmas is complete without it!

It can be made gluten free by eliminating the Wheat Chex and Cheerios and substituting Gluten Free Pretzels.  We like it almost as much ;-)

Chex Mix Recipe

• 1 cup Cashews
  • 3 sticks unsalted butter
  • ½ teaspoon celery salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2½ Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
  1. Bake 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container.

Check out these Recipes:

Crockpot Applesauce

Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes

Crockpot Pizza Casserole

Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Comments

1. So yummy!!!! My favorite Chex mix recipe!!!

2. Looks definitely better than the box recipe. Going to HAVE to make this!

3. Yummy! I am a little late getting around to it but, this is one of my favorite holiday treats too. I had to make mine gluten free this year for one my children…so it only had Corn Chex, Rice Chex and nuts….plus all the seasoning. But, it was still awesome.

• That is awesome that she could still enjoy it! Thanks for sharing how to make it gluten free!

If you would ever want to share a gluten free recipe as a guest post please contact us.

4. Chex Mix has been a family tradition for many years here, too. I’m gonna try your recipe! It doesn’t require so much Wheat Chex, which comes in smaller boxes than the Rice or Corn Chex. Have you ever made this in the microwave rather than the oven?

5. Love Chex Mix…A holiday staple at our house!

6. Just Coupons says:

Great recipe to use up quite a few boxes of Chex that I just purchased super cheap with coupons and sales ;) Thank you!

7. I was so excited to see this, because there is little I love around the holidays more than Chex mix. The funny thing is that I am never satisfied with the recipe on the box. I love homemade recipes that friends have shared with me, and I love to try them all. I can’t wait to give your mom’s version a try! Thank you!

8. This looks much better than the prepackaged Chex Mix.

9. Love homemade Chex mix, has so much more flavor than the packaged stuff

10. I’ll have to try this during Christmas! My family loves Chex Mix and I agree this recipe looks much more flavorful! What a great idea for super Bowl Sunday too!! Thank you! :)

11. i’ve always wondered how you make this – thanks for the recipe!!

12. I love chex mix! Hope to get mine made in the next day or two.

13. Janice Cooper says:

Wow now this sounds really tasty. I never would think to add Worcestershire Sauce!

14. Oh my goodness…yummy! I guess we have something new to bring to our family Christmas party!

15. Chex mix is so popular for parties, thanks for sharing this great recipe.

16. This looks like a good party snack.

17. Got this in the oven right now!!!

18. You use a lot more butter than I do but I use more worcestershire suace and seasonings. I’ll make about 15 double batches in the next 5 days.

19. This looks like a great hor d’oeuvre snack for cocktail parties!

20. Your Mom’s recipe looks delicious – I’ll have to make a batch for our annual New Years Eve get together.

21. Thanks for the recipe – will make for christmas, new year’s eve & super bowl parties!

22. Alex Houston says:

yummy!

23. Looks tasty! I might make it for the holidays.

24. looks yum!

25. Looks very good!! Will have to try this this week!

26. Barbara Montag says:

This one looks yummy too!
    Does it burn easy – need to be watched closely?

27. Charlene S says:

Those ingredients sound good together.

28. Sounds yummy! I never thought of adding cashews!

29. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I’ll have to give it a try.

30. This is my FAVE recipe for Party Mix – a must at our house during the Holidays!

31. Susan Smith says:

Sounds yummy, I always make Original Chex Mix during the holiday season.

32. This looks super easy to make

33. My friends/neighbors love chex mix and I might just have to make them some or give them this recipe(

34. Didn’t realize it was so easy. The homemade mix tastes so much better than the packaged kind. Would love some now!

35. I love savory mixes too.

36. Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. Yum!

37. I’[d like to try this – thanks for the recipe.

38. Three Sticks of butter? Just want to check that: It seems like a lot. Thanks!

39. I love homemade chex mix. It’s great to serve at parties during holiday time.

40. Maralea says:

I like having a batch of Chex Mix made for our family’s get-togethers! Such a yummy snack!

41. Erin Ellis says:

I made this last night and it was fantastic!