I love this recipe! It is so easy to prepare and it is a great way to use Turkey Cutlets that you find on sale or leftover turkey from the holiday’s too. You can’t go wrong with a crockpot recipe the day after a busy holiday in my opinion. Leaves time for the after holiday sales 🙂
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or dry white wine
- 1 turkey tenderloin (1/2 to ¾ lb), cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- In 1½-quart slow cooker, mix rice, carrot, onion, celery, ¼ teaspoon each of the seasoned salt, garlic-pepper blend and marjoram, the broth and sherry.
- Arrange turkey slices over rice mixture. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon each seasoned salt, garlic-pepper blend and marjoram.
- Cover; cook 5 to 6 hours (if slow cooker has heat settings, cook on low).
Thanks Eat Better America!