I love this healthy Crockpot Tender Turkey and Wild Rice recipe. It is so easy to prepare and it is a great way to use Honeysuckle White turkey tenderloins that you find on can find on sale or even with leftover turkey from the holiday’s too. You can’t go wrong with a slow cooker recipe the day after a busy holiday in my opinion. It leaves more time for the after holiday sales.
This delicious crockpot recipe can also be made into an easy freeze slow cooker recipe by placing all the ingredients except the chicken broth and wine in a freezer bag. Place in the freezer and remove and let thaw in fridge overnight before cooking. Place in slow cooker and add liquids and follow directions below.
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or dry white wine
- 1 turkey tenderloin (1/2 to ¾ lb), cut into ½-inch-thick slices after cooking
- In 1½-quart slow cooker, mix rice, carrot, onion, celery, ¼ teaspoon each of the seasoned salt, garlic-pepper blend and marjoram, the broth and sherry.
- Arrange turkey slices over rice mixture. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon each seasoned salt, garlic-pepper blend and marjoram.
- Cover; cook 5 to 6 hours (if slow cooker has heat settings, cook on low).