If you are looking to declutter your home here are some great tips to get you on your way!
By decluttering and organizing you will save time. Once you eliminate clutter from your home you will find yourself able to more productive. It will make cleaning easier and your life will run more smoothly.
Here are a few tips on how to declutter:
1. Create a time in your schedule to start decluttering.
2. Create a space for everything in your home and make sure that everything is in its place. If you find that you have clutter on your counter you need to create a “home” for that item.
3. As you declutter sort items into the following categories. Keep, Donate, Recycle and Trash. If you have not used an item in 1 year chances are you don’t need it or won’t.
4. Spend 10 minutes a day to keep your home decluttered. Filing and putting “away” items into their new “home”.
5. Get your kids involved. Create a location for backpacks, coats and shoes. Make it your child’s responsibility to place those items in their “home”.
I have a rule that I follow. Every time I bring a new item into my home I place 1 item into one of the following categories. “Keep”, “Donate”, “Recycle” and “Trash”. This keeps my home clutter free because I am making room for the new item. If you start following this rule of thumb I am sure you are going to be clutter free too!
Do you have any good tips for decluttering? I would love to hear them!
Additional Organization Tips: