* 2 cup(s) low-fat (1 percent) milk
* 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
* 1 small (4- to 6- ounce) onion, finely chopped
* 1 large (8- to 10-ounce) red pepper, finely chopped
* 1 large (4- to 6-ounce) poblano chile, seeds discarded, finely chopped
* 1 jalapeño chile, seeds discarded, finely chopped
* 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
* 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
* 1 cup(s) lower-sodium chicken broth
* 1 can(s) (14.5-ounce) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
* 3 1/2 ounce(s) baked tortilla chips, crushed (1 1/2 cups)
* 2 cup(s) cooked shredded chicken breast meat
* 4 ounce(s) pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups)
* 1 green onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease shallow 3-quart baking dish. Microwave milk on High 2 minutes or until warm.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion, red pepper, and poblano and jalapeño chiles. Cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring.
Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring. Continue stirring and add broth, then milk, in steady stream. Heat to boiling while stirring, then cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Spread thin, even layer of sauce on bottom of prepared dish. Top with half of chips, sauce, chicken, and cheese. Repeat layering once.
Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling. Garnish with green onions.
Thanks Good Housekeeping!
For more great recipes visit our recipes section!Yum