Vegetable Casserole is a family favorite recipe passed to me by my Mom. It is great for taking to potlucks! I love how easy it is to prepare. I often mix it up in the morning and then add my buttered cracker crumbs right before I put it into the oven. You could even add chopped chicken for a one dish meal!
We love to serve this easy side dish at holidays too! It is the perfect side dish because it is inexpensive and easy to prepare. I often reduce the butter and it is just as good!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cans mixed vegetables (Veg-All)
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 package of townhouse crackers
- Melt 2 TBSP butter and grease dish.
- Combine all ingredients except the crackers and place into the greased 2 quart casserole.
- Melt an additional 2 TBSP of butter and mix with 1 package of crushed townhouse crackers. Cover the top of your casserole with the buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Courses Side Dish