I often get asked, Can you freeze cream cheese? The answer is Yes and No. I know that sounds funny but YES you can freeze it. Will it be as good as if it had never been frozen? Well that depends on how you plan to use it.
How to Freeze Cream Cheese:
You can freeze it directly in the original package. It does change the consistency once frozen however if are using it in cooking or heating then just use a spoon to smooth the texture back and then it is no problem to use even in the normal form. You can also microwave it to smooth as well and it goes back to it’s (almost) normal consistency.
As it cools it will not be as creamy as if unfrozen so I find it best to use for cooking or not in its original form for best results. I freeze cream cheese all of the time! I use it for skyline dip and taco dip or other recipes that call for cream cheese in a cooked form.
Frozen Cream Cheese can also be used for spreading but I do find it to be crumbly so you do have to use a spoon smooth and microwave it to get it back to an almost normal consistency. However it will work. I often use it to make a cream cheese ball, pepperoni rolls and salami rolls. Another use for frozen cream cheese is this Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar.
You can also freeze Philadelphia Cooking Cream. It works fine because you are cooking with it! I have frozen it and then thawed it and microwaved it to smooth and then cooked with it.
By freezing you can extend the life by 4 to 6 months. Just write the date you put it into the freezer with a permanent marker so you know how long it has been there.
You may want to follow our Cream Cheese Recipes Pinterest Board too!
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms:
Foods You Can Freeze:
- Can You Freeze a Banana?
- Can You Freeze Asparagus
- Can you freeze avocado?
- Can you freeze bread?
- Can you freeze butter?
- Can you freeze cheese?
- Can You Freeze Chicken Broth?
- Can you freeze cottage cheese?
- Can you freeze cream cheese?
- Can you freeze deli meat?
- Can you freeze eggs
- Can you freeze garlic cloves?
- Can you freeze green beans?
- Can you freeze green smoothies?
- Can you freeze hummus?
- Can you freeze liquid coffee creamer?
- Can you freeze McDonald’s
- Can you freeze meatloaf?
- Can you freeze melon?
- Can you freeze mushrooms?
- Can you freeze peppers?
- Can you freeze Philadelphia Cooking Creme?
- Can you freeze potato chips?
- Can you freeze salsa?
- Can you freeze soup?
- Can you freeze sour cream?
- Can you freeze spinach?
- Can you freeze summer squash?
- Can you freeze tomatoes?
- Can you freeze Wholly Guacamole?
- Can you FREEZE yogurt?
- How to FREEZE Carrots
- How to freeze ginger root
- How to freeze milk and eggs
- How to freeze raspberries – What is flash freezing?
- How to Freeze Strawberries
- How To Freeze Unfrosted Cakes
- How to make homemade baby food
- How to make homemade baby food – Part II
- How-To Freeze Cracker Crumbs
- Lunchbox Tip – Freeze PBJ’s to Save You Time & Money