How to Plan a super Hero Party
Last Sunday Peyton and I went to an awesome Super Hero Party. It was hosted at our local library, Kenton County Public Library – Durr Branch. Not only was it fun but it was also frugal so I wanted to share it with you. It could easily be adapted into a fun birthday party!
First of all the children all gathered in the floor where they were read an awesome 3-D Super Hero Book. After that they were sent to their seats at tables to decorate their very own mask and cape!
Also at the table was a checklist for each child to complete a series of “missions”. The paper read: Complete these tasks at the following Super Hero training stations to become a certified member of the Justice League. You may complete the tasks in any order you wish. Put a check next in the box next to the station you have completed your task. When you have completed turn it in for a certificate.
1. Decorated Cape and Mask – Super cut an inexpensive made from bright color fabric, felt and ribbon. Attached with glue dots.
2. Brick Smash – A stack of 8 cardboard bricks (boxes covered with red brick paper) – Smash through the bricks
3. Mighty Muscles – Made of PVC pipe and black paper. Lift each weight 5 times.
4. Fancy footwork – Step through a maze of string.
5. Tunnel Crawl – Just a simple tube to crawl through.
6. Sword Play – Hit your opponents sword 10 times (made of pool noodles cut in half).
7. Lava Pit – Walk across the Lava Pit (a baby pool filled with red paper – secure plank across) – to rescue the baby and then walk back with the baby without falling.
8. Ring the Bell – Using a sledge hammer (small) try to hit the bell (made from a pipe and large washer).
9. Rock of Strength – Lift the rock above your head (made of paper mache).
Each child got 2 super hero taffy candies and the certificate. It read: Official Member of The Justice League. For completing Super Hero Training Camp with their name and date.
In addition they had a table of books about super heroes that you could check out or sit down and read. All of the kids (and parents had a blast)! If you are looking for a fun themed party you can’t go wrong with a Super Hero Party!
Here are some party theme ideas:
Visit our Party Planning and DIY Ideas Pinterest Board for more ideas.