Southwestern Beer Batter Fish is a great dish for lent or any day! I love the Green Chile Tartar Sauce. It really kicks up the flavor.
- Tartar Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons (from 4.5-oz can) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Vegetable oil
- 1¼ cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 lb tilapia fillets, about ½ inch thick, cut into 4 serving pieces
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 egg
- 1 small lemon, cut into quarters
- In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- In 10-inch skillet or deep fryer, heat oil (1½ inches) to 350°F. In shallow dish, place ¼ cup of the Bisquick mix. Lightly coat fish with Bisquick mix.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining 1 cup Bisquick mix, the chili powder, salt, beer and egg with wire whisk until smooth. Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into dish.
- Fry fish in oil 1½ to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce and lemon quarters.
Thanks Betty Crocker!