Crock Pot Boneless Chicken Cacciatore
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless (sliced in half)
- olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 32 ounces tomato sauce, jarred
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms, canned
- ¼ cup dry red wine, (optional)
- 1 cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- Coat bottom of a skillet with olive oil, heat on stove top set to medium heat, and brown chicken.
- Drain and add chicken to stoneware.
- Combine all other ingredients with chicken.
- Place stoneware in slow cooker heating base, cover, and cook on Low for 5-7 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.