Gas Prices on the Rise :: Tips to Save

Have you noticed gas prices are on the rise?  If you are like me then the inflation of gas prices is really going to impact your budget.  When gas prices rise it always means that I have to look at ways to reduce my driving and combine trips.  We have jumped to $3.39 a gallon but I am hearing that it may go up to $5.00 a gallon by summer.  If so that is really going to impact how many road trips we take that is for sure, not to mention our daily routine.

Here are 5 Tips to Save on Gasoline

What are you currently paying at the pump?  Leave a comment with you state and price per gallon so we can see the range..

Also there are a few ways to save by using Remke/biggs Pump Perks, Kroger Fuel Rewards and Speedway Speedy Rewards.

Check out more Travel Tips

Comments

1. Lynnette says:

I’m in northern Indiana, and I just filled up for $3.45 a gallon. Ugh!

2. Heather says:

Southeast Louisiana- 3.25/gallon!

3. 3.29 Urbana,OH
    using my kroger rewards to knock that down!!

4. Carilyn says:

I just filled up today and it was $3.35 per gallon. Both of the grocery stores in our town have pump-perks, so we can get money off per gallon, but it is still insane!

5. Paid $3.51 for Premium yesterday, today it’s up to $3.60 (could not believe the price jump in 1 day!) Unleaded was $3.40

6. Beth Ann says:

$3.43 just outside Charlotte, NC (Crazy thing is, I know places actually in the city where it is cheaper—but not by much!)

7. molomatic says:

Ack, I paid $3.53 for regular gas in Portland, OR this morning!

8. $3.19….I thought that was a lot, but now I’m feeling blessed! SLC, Utah

9. $3.49 in Huffman Tx. (NorthEast Houston) I do use my Kroger card to make it $3.39, but still…Uggg

10. darcie lynch says:

We live in Taunton MA and prices have been about 3.31 a gallon
    my husband goes to a stop and shop gas station and uses the gas rewards point so we paid 3.06 the other night

11. Cherise says:

Klamath Falls Oregon went from 3.51 yesterday to 3.59 today! Killing my budget!

12. Jessica says:

Southern Michigan 3.39 this morning 3.54 this afternoon

13. I’m just outside of San Francisco…paid 4.19 a gallon….eeek!

14. Indianapolis – prices right now are in the process of jumping from $3.18 to $3.55.

15. Lorrie (pinklady705) says:

Today the regular gas is $3.38 in the DFW area (actually, I live in the suburbs)

• Lorrie (pinklady705) says:

This is the price at Kroger, which is one of the cheapest places to get gas in our area right now.

Gas is almost like toilet paper, something I just can’t get excited about paying good money for.

16. 3.39 in on the TN/VA border….

17. Rachael says:

I live in “upstate” NY – 65 miles north of NYC and gas is $3.59 a gallon! I try to get gas in NJ or PA when I am there or very close by – paid $3.14 a gallon on Sunday in NJ. Been shopping at Price Chopper to use the fuel rewards program, but have to pay close attention b/c many things are more pricey there when they aren’t on sale :(

18. central Indiana $3.55/gallon UGH!!!

19. In Tucson the lowest i have found it about 3.15 both most places are probably about 20 cents more….

20. $3.39/Gallon in Austin Tx