I have some additional Disney Travel Tips for you.
- Buy a GOOD stroller if you are taking a little one. We bought the Maclaren Volvo and LOVED it! Also buy a stroller organizer and a stroller rain cover. The Maclaren weighs less than 7 pounds and folds easily, we love this stroller! It holds up to 55 pounds too!
- Pack cheap ponchos in individual ziploc bags so they are easy to hand out if necessary (we are lucky that we only had one poncho moment but used the rain cover twice (worth every penny).
- Pack an umbrella or two. Great for shade while walking around the park or standing to wait for a parade. Yes, someone will make a comment to you but really they are just wishing they had an umbrella to use on a hot day at the park.
- Wear a wide brimmed hat. I bought mine at Coldwater Creek for $24.50 (had a 40% off coupon too) and it is the best! You can roll it up and put it in your backpack when not in use.
- Bring a couple of spray bottles/fans as they are $20.00 at the park. I do like the ones in the park because they come with a neck strap however not so fond of the price… Also, one of our spray bottles/fans was stolen from our stroller while we ate lunch and parked our stroller outside. It was in the seat of the stroller and my suggestion is to hide your fans as they are obviously “hot” items…
- Buy some small Disney souvenirs when they go on clearance at the Disney store or at the Dollar Tree and take them with you. I purchased small stuffed Mickey’s for $3.99 at the Disney store and “Tinkerbell” left these for the kids on our first night…along with a little “pixie dust” aka glitter. I also purchased a few other items that I gave the kids instead of purchasing expensive items at the park. I also gave each of them a budgeted amount of spending money and when it was gone it was gone. Another affordable souvenir is the pressed pennies. They are available everywhere. Bring a roll of pennies and quarters for lots of inexpensive fun!
- Bring wash clothes or bandannas to wet and put on your neck when you are hot (this really helps). There were several days that I would have had heat stroke without! Thanks Kristy for this tip!
Even More Disney Tips coming soon!