Produce Co-Op

I am very excited to announce that I joined a Produce Co-Op!  This is my haul this week!  I got all of this awesome produce for only $15!  By joining a produce co-op you are able to buy in bulk and share the costs of your fresh produce.

Included in the haul:

3 limes
1 head romaine
4 portabella mushrooms
1 bunch oregano
1 bunch basil
2 bunches corriander

I am going to share some tips for participating in a produce co-op.  Do you participate in one or would you like too?

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

1. Coral Guerin says:

we have bountiful baskets here- it is great- love the new produce that I try and wouldnt think to buy at the store- also we eat a lot more produce w/ it because its in the house-
    love it

2. What part of town is this in? I’m on the east side of Cincinnati (close to N. Ky.)

3. Just started bountiful baskets ~ love it!!!

4. Would love to join but don’t know where to even begin!

5. How do you go about finding a local co-op. I have tried google and found nothing and I am near a large city so I would think there would be something available.

6. I have always wanted to do this but all the one’s around me closed down.

7. please give us more information on this…thank you

8. I am also interesting in finding a local produce co-op in my area. I would love to get lots of fruits and veggies in my fridge, then we have to eat them!

9. I’ve been wanting to join one too; now I’m even more excited about the idea. Thanks for sharing!

10. Shannon Blanchard says:

I am part of bountiful baskets also. You can find them on facebook or http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

11. Brittney says:

I would love to find a co op in my area

12. Lorrie (pinklady705) says:

I would like to participate in a produce co-op. My parents were part of one when I was younger…we loved it.

13. http://www.localharvest.org/ You can find a LOT of CSAs, farmers markets, grocery stores, etc on that site.

14. Leigh Anne says:

I really wish we has a local co-op. Instead we have an overpriced Farmer’s Market!

15. What is the co-op?

16. I have been looking for a co-op. Great job finding one!

17. I live in Northern Kentucky about 40 south of Cincinnati; where is your coop located or how can you join?

18. I would like more informaton on this too please. Thanks!

19. I’m interested in joining the co-op that you’re in. I’m in Florence.

20. ashley s says:

I know this is late….but I host a coop in my town. Its awesome! I live about 45 minutes from St.Louis,MO….our branch of coop is all around the STL area…if anyone is in that area…check out http://www.communityhelpingscoop.com to see if there is one near you!

21. I would love to know where this is? I live in villa hills in northern ky. I have looked for a produce co-op and can never find any. My family lives in Utah and they all do bountiful baskets. I’m always jealous. Please let me know. Thanks!