Are you looking for the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out these super cute and easy Rainbow Cupcakes. They are so easy to make! They just take a little time to mix the colors and layer. I love that they made from a cake mix. A great shortcut method! They would really be a great addition to a St. Patrick’s Day party.
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on box.
- Split batter evenly into six bowls.
- Color batter as directed according to chart.
- Layer cupcakes with batter be sure to cover color below.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Frost with white icing.
- You could top with a rolo or gold coin for even more effect.
Chart: Rainbow Color and Drops of Food Coloring
- Purple – 9 red and 6 blue drops
- Blue – 12 drops
- Green – 12 drops
- Yellow – 12 drops
- Orange – 12 yellow drops and 4 red drops
- Red – 18 drops
Thanks to my friend Michelle Frodge for sharing with us! She found this great idea in a Family Fun Magazine.
Check out this other St. Patrick’s Day posts: