Spicy Sausage Queso is my go to recipe for us when we host parties. It is a crowd pleaser for sure. You can’t go wrong with the combination of cheese and sausage. You could serve this tortilla chips, pita bread or in a bread bowl. We love to serve this at our holiday parties and on game day! It is easily made in the microwave and keeps warm in the crockpot.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Hot All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 pounds Velveeta® process cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Garlic toast
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the salsa, seasonings and sausage. Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with garlic toast.
- add ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicier dish.
- serve garlic toast with diced tomatoes and chopped black olives
- to serve in a bread bowl, cut off the top of a round loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cube removed bread. Spoon queso into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes.
Check out these Recipes: