How do you stockpile with little storage? You have to think outside of the box! I always say to people who take our classes, if there is a will there is a way!
You may have to get creative when it comes to storing your stockpile but not having room is NOT an excuse.
Stockpiling with Little Storage:
1. Utilize your kitchen. Store food in your pantry and cabinets. Remove items that take up a lot of space that you are not using and utilize the space that you have. Get a shoe organizer and hang it on the inside of your pantry door. Store items you are no longer using under beds or place in your garage/basement.
2. Store your stockpile in your linen closet. In my opinion sheets, blankets and pillows are taking up valuable real estate. Store your stockpile in your linen closet and store linens under the bed. You could even use space saver bags!
3. Purchase a storage cabinet. Though it may not be appealing to have a rubbermaid storage cabinet in your dining room what is more important, saving money or having the space to store you stockpile. I chose the stockpile every time!
4. Children’s Closet. Use the top rack of your children’s closet to store items for your stockpile. Most children do not have a full closet so this allows you to use the extra room.
5. Extra Bedroom. Use your guest bedroom closet for your stockpile or better yet turn it into your stockpile room.
6. Use bathroom storage. Utilize the space under your bathroom sink for stockpiling storage. You can fit so much into this area (trust me I know 🙂
7. Under the bed storage. This is an area that most of us don’t think about. I personally bought risers when we lived in a bi-level and we were running out of storage space and then used under the bed storage boxes for items that we didn’t use often. This is also the perfect location for personal hygiene, cereal and canned goods!
Never let the excuse I don’t have the room to stockpile stop you from saving thousands of dollars a year. Just remove the clutter and find your stockpile a new home!
- How Does Price Matching Work?
- What is on sale in February?
- How to Understand the Grocery Sales Cycle
- Stockpiling – Preparing for Natural Disasters or Emergency
- Stockpiling 101 | Stockpiling For The Holidays™
- How Do I Start Stockpiling?
- Stockpiling Tip :: Look for Coupons on Packages
- 10 Items To Stockpile