Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken is a delicious low fat and healthy choice. We love to have this in the summer on a bed of brown rice or quinoa. This is a Paleo recipe too!
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp sugar, splenda or honey
- To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about ¼ inch thick. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Gluten Free Recipes:Yum