We love to make Vanilla French Toast on Saturday morning. The kids pull a chair up to the counter and help dip the bread. It is a fun way to start off our Saturday morning. I love how easy it is to make and clean up!
Vanilla French Toast Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices day-old bread
- Maple syrup or cinnamon-sugar
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs; add the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Soak bread for 30 seconds on each side. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve with syrup or cinnamon-sugar.