I love this easy meal for busy weeknights. I like switching it up with sausage too. You could always use Chicken Sausage for less fat.
- 6 oz. dried bow tie pasta
- 12 oz. sweet Italian sausage links cut into ¾-in. slices
- 1 onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 green, yellow and/or red sweet peppers , cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) CONTADINA® Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) CONTADINA Garlic & Onion Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook sausage and onion in large nonstick skillet until sausage is lightly browned; drain. Add peppers; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds, if desired.
Thank You to Del Monte Foods for the picture and recipe!Yum