Now that school is in full swing the first thing my son says when he gets into the van after school is “I am hungry”. He eats lunch at 11:00 am and doesn’t get home until 3:30! That is a long afternoon for him.
I try to have his snack in the van so he can begin to eat on his way home. My goal is to provide something that won’t spoil his dinner but that will give him the energy that he needs to get through homework.
Here are my After School Snack Ideas:
1. Trail Mix
2. Ants on a Log (celery, peanut butter and raisins or chocolate chips for the ants)
3. Chex Mix - this is our homemade recipe – YUM!
5. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – cut into a fun shape
6. Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
7. Yogurt and Fruit as Dippers
8. Pretzels and Peanut Butter
9. Nilla Wafers and Peanut Butter or Nutella
10. Sandwich meat/cheese rollups with a pretzel stick
Do you have any great after school snack ideas?
Find Free Clipart at School Clip Art – Thanks for the photo!