Are you looking for the most amazing dessert that you have ever eaten in your entire life? If so then Banana Split Cheesecake Recipe is for you! It is more than delicious. I made this for my husband and he said it was the best dessert he has ever eaten! This is a favorite summer dessert but best of all there is no reason to reserve it solely for summer. If you love banana splits and cheesecake then you are going to fall in love with this dessert.
Did you know you can Freeze Bananas? It is a great way to extend the life of the banana when you find them on managers special or they are over ripe.
Banana Split Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, divided
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries, divided
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas and 2 tablespoons reserved juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain bananas, discarding juice. (this is to keep your bananas from turning brown).
- Arrange bananas over bottom of crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice.
- Gradually beat in sherbet. Gradually beat in pudding mix; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Refrigerate 1/3 cup pineapple until serving; fold remaining pineapple into cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping; spread evenly over banana slices. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Chop three maraschino cherries and pat dry; arrange cherries and reserved pineapple around edge of pie.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel topping. Dollop remaining whipped topping onto center of pie.
- Sprinkle with pecans; top with remaining cherry.
- Yield: 10 servings.