Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken Recipe
Source: Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken published in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p30
Recipe type: Main
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice.
- Pour ½ cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken.
- Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Thank you for the picture and recipe Taste of Home!